We are a week into SBAC testing and things are going very well so far. The students have come to school with a positive attitude each day and have been working their hardest. I have been so impressed by their perseverance on this assessment, as it is challenging. I am so proud of each and every one of them! We will be continuing the assessment on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday of next week. I appreciate your ongoing help with students coming to school on time and ready to go. We would not survive this without your help.
To help with all the testing, our class has tried to have a little fun to brighten the day. The weather has been warm and sunny this week so we have been getting out to recess 10 minutes early. It has been nice to have this time as a whole class. In addition, we began watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The kids have loved this time of the day. It has been amazing to see them pick out the differences between the movie and the book.
Our field trip is almost upon us and the students are getting excited. Below are a few reminders:
- Please do not bring electronics on the field trip.
- Please make sure that students are dressed appropriately to include comfortable walking shoes (no flip flops please) and a coat or sweatshirt in case it is cold.
- Students will need a bag lunch (no glass bottles). If your child will need a bag lunch from the cafeteria that day, please let me know no later than Monday.
- We will be boarding the bus at 8:00. Because of this, we are asking that students NOT participate in Walking Wednesday since students will not get to the school until 8:05.
- Students may come into the classroom after 7:45 when they get to school or when they are finished with breakfast.
- We will be talking about field trip expectations in class, but I could use your help reinforcing it at home as well. Discuss with your child that the Vermont State House is a very important place of business. It is important that we are respectful so as not to disturb those working. We want to leave them with the positive impression of our 3rd grade class that I have come to know!
Enjoy the rest of the week and the nice weekend ahead!